Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Softball

So on Monday my highschool softball tryouts started. I know, scary right?!? At 3:00 Monday
me and Kenzie ( I convinced her to tryout) went down to the fields to begin the either the most humiliating or greatest moment of our lives. (not really) Monday was all batting and hitting, which is what I am strongest at so I was excited. I hit AWESOME!!!! Two went all the way outfield and I almost got a home run!! Everyone was cheering and screaming, "YEAH ANDEE!" It was fun. But Tuesday was a different story. We did fielding work, which I am okay at, it but not great. But I totally blew it. None of my catches or throws were good. Anytime I could mess up, I did. It totally sucked. Which was frusterating because I know I can throw and catch good. I was sure I wasn't going to make the team. But Tuesday at six we went to the locker rooms to check the final cut. I MADE THE TEAM!!!! Yes, i don't know what I would have done if i didn't make it. Kenzie & Katie also made it. I was a little surprise Kenzie made it because she has never played before, but I'm glad she did.

So today was our first official practice, and I played the best I have ever played. Both of my coaches said that my throws were awesome and that they could tell that I have improved so much since open gym two weeks ago. I caught all of my grounders and nailed all of my throws while playing infield, the same with outfield. Tomorrow we are batting and I can't wait to show the coaches what I can really do.

But the really scary thing is that our first game is on next Tuesday, hopefully we can all be ready.

My highschool is the Canyon View High School Falcons!!! Our colors were Teal and Black but now they added carolina blue, making it easier for sports coaches to get uniforms in our color. YUCK, they do not go together!! Below is what our things usually look like. (the other one didn't work.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited you & Kenzie made the team! You are turning out to be quite the athlete. I am also happy you are back to blogging! Now I don't feel so out of touch.

    ReplyDelete